Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Do I Dig This Band? Featuring: The Chakras

Ever heard of this band The Chakras? No? Neither have I. Well, not until myspace started force-feeding them down my throat. This past week or so, Myspace added The Chakras to their featured artists section, who according to their biography are Ireland's "most intriguing band of the moment. Whatever that means. So, I was bored, and decided to take a little look at this "intriguing" new band The Chakras just for the hell of it, and this is what I have to say.

If their singer was a mute, I think I might actually enoy their music. The song I listened to is called "Build Me a Swan." The song actually starts out ok, with swooping electric guitar with extra extra reverb, and lots of ambience, which is hard for me not to love. But, then HE starts singing. At first it's great, then it's the worst fucking thing you've ever heard anyone sing. The song is in the vein of bands like Slowdive, Sigur Ros,and Mew... And I could almost, almost almost almost take this band seriously. It's too bad. Maybe if they were just a very melodic jam/prog band, I could get down with 'em, anything without those vocals, pleeeease.

Decide for yourself. Here's The Chakra's video for "Build Me Swan."
The Chakras 'Build Me A Swan'

Add to My Profile | More Videos

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think its a deadly song