Saturday, August 4, 2007

A Funny Thing Happened - Sick of the Shame

Have you ever said that you really didn't like a certain band or artist even though you hadn't really taken a real listen to their material, only to find that you might actually be into it?

Today I was listening to my I-Pod on shuffle when a song came on that I didn't recognize. The song immediately clicked with my taste, and I began to wonder who it was by. I resisted the urge to look at the screen of my I-Pod, and tried to guess the band who was playing. I liked it, a lot, so I had to know it... but I couldn't pin-point who it was. Finally, I took a look at the pod, and lo-and-behold, the song was by a band that I had previously trashed...

The song was by the band Film School, who I chose to hate a year or so ago. I'm not going to say that I went from hating to loving Film School, but I will say that I have started to enjoy their song "Sick of the Shame," off of their self-titled release.

If you like moody, shoegazey, progressive music, take a listen to this song.

Film School - Sick of the Shame

Film School at SXSW 2007
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Liam Benzvi said...

ive got competition now. f u.