Wednesday, August 1, 2007

STONER/HEAVY DOCUMENTARY OH BOY

So, I haven't posted in a while. I have no excuse, and despite my apethetic attitude towards this blog over the past few weeks, I have no shame. HA. But I am no willing to at least try to post something every day or two. (WHY NOT?)So my triumphant bleep bleepTM comeback will begin with this:

For those people out there like me who worship warm, drippy, trippy "stoner rock" bands like Dead Meadow, Darker My Love and many others, you will definitely appreciate this. As for the rest of you dull, petty folk, just sit there and pay attention. OK!

I don't know too much information about this video, but I do know that it's pretty fucking awesome. Even though it has it's semi-cheesy moments, this video is bringing to the light a lot of American bands that most people wouldn't have even known existed despite their sheer, undeniable ability to... erm, rock... And just make good tunes in general. PLUS, it's named after one of Dead Meadow's best songs, "Such Hawks Such Sounds" off of their last LP "Feathers" (Matador)Anyways, here you go.

SUCH HAWKS SUCH HOUNDS: SCENES FROM THE AMERICAN ROCK UNDERGROUND
(from Director John Srebalus)
Featuring: Acid King, Bardo Pond, Comets on Fire, Dead Meadow, The Hidden Hand, High on Fire, Mammatus, Nebula, OM, Pearls AndBrass, and Sunn O)))


Pretty awesome, No?
According to Dailymotion.com where the video is hosted, it may be a VICE MAGAZINE production.

No comments: